Hi ya! I was nominated for The Liebster Award by CREATIVITY✒📃😍✌
What is a Liebster Award?
Well, it’s an award that typically recognizes up and coming bloggers recognizes bloggers, by helping others discover new blogs and facilitate community building.
How does one get it?
In order to receive a Liebster Award, you must be nominated by a fellow blogger.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
Thank you Ankita!
Here are Ankita’s questions:
1. Why did you start with blogging?
I was told that blogging was great for authors as a starting point in creating an author platform. And so it began…
2. Which three hashtags best describe your blog?
#autism #family #writing
3.How do you get new ideas for blog posts?
They just sorta show up. Usually I use things that are happening in our family that might help others in similar situations.
4. Who or what inspires you (to blog and in general)?
To blog: usually my kids or my husband. In general: music, beauty, and irony
5. Which talent don’t you have, but want it?
I want to paint. I can sketch a pretty good picture but when it comes to color and paint, I am utterly defeated.
6.What makes you smile?
People. They are such a funny animal, always doing things for weird reasons and yet they have the capacity for such greatness and love.
7.Who is a hero in your life?
There are so many people that I look up to and admire as heroes, but the one that stands out is my theatre teacher from college, Richard Kuebler (R.I.P.). He recruited me in high school and set me on the path I’m still traveling. He showed me what I wanted out of life and taught me a whole new perception of life through theatre.
8. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
I plan. Like a general. With an autistic son, I have to. I usually have plans A-Z and then, just in case, a few contingency plans.
9.What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while traveling.
Dunnottar Castle in Scotland. There is room underneath it that has the darkest dark I’ve ever seen.
10.Is there a sport you’d love to try, but haven’t yet? What is it and why?
Boxing. The closest boxing gym that has classes for women is an hour away and that won’t work with our family’s schedules.
11. What’s your biggest weakness?
Low self-esteem. I struggle with the idea that I’m good enough. I guess I never developed an ego lol.
And so, here are my nominations for the Liebster Award…
Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
Storytime with John
Big Red Carpet Nursing
Scale it Simple
Squeeze the Space Man’s Taco
Just A Small Town Girl
Here are my questions….
- What would you choose as a profession if you could do anything?
- When did you know what you wanted to to with your life?
- What is your favorite song?
- Name somewhere you want to visit but have never been to yet.
- What would be your perfect vacation spot?
- What do you want to be remembered for after you’re gone?
- Have you ever practiced random acts of kindness (you know, running up and giving a stranger a hug or sent anonymous notes of appreciation, that kind of thing)?
- Have you ever helped a stranger and if so what happened?
- What is your favorite meal to cook and why?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure and if so what is it?
- If you could tell younger self to change one thing, what would it be?
If you’ve been nominated already, sorry. You can ignore me. You don’t have to do it again.
Thanks again, Ankita!