Long time ago, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I was in 1st grade art class and we made candles. We melted our old crayons in a metal coffee can, yes they used to be metal. And we very carefully made candles with paper cups, paper clips and string. I love to find ways to reuse or recycle old things instead of just throwing them away. So I thought what the hey, let’s do it again.
So I had this old peach mango candle that was so burnt down that only the metal of the wick was showing.
I popped out the metal piece with a spoon.
Then I found an old smaller candle holder, a giant paper clip and some string. Made a cool thingie to hold the new “wick.”
Microwaved the old candle at 30 second intervals because I really wasn’t sure how long it would take to melt the wax. Then poured it into the new candle holder. I missed a couple of times and managed to knock the wick into the glass but I just fished it out again.
I let the hot wax sit for a few hours and it had solidified into a lovely new candle. I managed to get a new glass jar out of it and a new candle. Not bad for something I learned in art class a million years ago. Guess it pays to keep the Arts in schools.